DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to look at a 98 talon Tsi today for my girl, it was loaded, leather, sunroof, pwr everything, ect.. the car was perfect, paint was great, only 51k on it, the only thing was the price, 9,995 was what they were asking for, that seemed too damn low for a talon in that good condition. i am aware of crankwalk and that what i'm worried about, i heard a ticking noise coming from the engine, but i didn't sound like the CW wav. on the forum.
is there a chance that a car with that low of milage could have CW, i was thinking of buying it anyways and get them to fix it under warranty, is that a good idea?
i havent drove the car yet might go back tomorow, it auto by the way

steven

·
Registered
658 Posts
The ticking noise is probably just the lifters and nothing to worry about. Also very few automatics, if any, get crank walk for some reason. I would personally have to look at it to verify, but it doesnt sound too bad at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went back to look at the car today, and i got a chance to take a better look at it, the ticking noise was the lifters so that didn't worry me, but what did was when i got under the hood and i reved it to about 4k rpm, i didn't hear the turbo spool and i saw a big cloud of gray smoke come out the back.
the guy told me that the turbo wont spool while the car is standing still and i just over reved the car, it sounded to me like BS

steven

·
Registered
330 Posts
It burns oil.........................I don't think Automatics spool in PARK. My 91 didn't w/dash or aftermarket boost gauge. Never owned a 2g though. Compression Test it. Leakdown too. Is your girl going to add oil as needed? If so, offer 8800-9000. $.02

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah the turbo isnt gonna spool in park. But a big cloud of smoke is something to worry about. Something has to be wrong with it, but 51k miles is a little early to start burning oil.

·
Registered
176 Posts
yea it took me till 138k to burn oil and by 140 it looks like a v8 burnout converntion behind me. cant even drive it till i fix the damn piston rings.
*nick*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts