DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really didn't know what I would run at all. I wanted to get a 12.50 and that was it.
I didn't realize that evo's came stock with a 2-step until like 5 minutes before I ran:eek:

First pass was horrible, I shifted into 5th gear and it killed me :( Was in left lane

second pass much better, was in right Lane

Third pass was identical to to last one :dunno: lol, Was in right lane

Fourth pass was great! Got a 12.5 and was happy. Thought I was done.

Decided to get one last pass before we left, Best pass of the day, VERY happy with the results :)

Had a great time, didn't expect to go that fast :), I'm waiting for people to upload videos and pics! We were all celebrating when our buddy won fastest time of the day, 9.69 @144mph!
Agghhh Good times good times :)

O ya current mods.
Turbo XS Downpipe
3" turboback exhaust
Hallman MBC set @23psi
Megan racing o2 housing
Injen Intake kit
AMS replica FMIC
And the most Important thing, UNTUNED! I was running 9.6 AFR at WOT with 0 counts of knock! Will get it tuned in two weeks. This is all on 93 octane pump gas.
Couldn't be happier right now, Not bad for a DD :D

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I didn't know EVO's had 2step from the factory, either. Thats pretty slick, how'd you find out?

I got to ride in my buddies EVO X on Saturday night. He's got a bigger IC core, hard pipes, and an AMS reflash putting him around 300whp and 325 torque. I was pretty impressed with his, I can imagine how yours pulls.

Very nice!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
So how do you mess with the 2 step? How do you set it?

Does the EVO X come with it from the factory? If so, shoot me some info, I can get my buddie's set up for him!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
5k factory 2-step on the 9's, not sure on the others. It can be changed by reflashing the ecu with a cable and ECUFlash. Pretty good times untuned, you will be surprised how much power is in a good tune. For reference, I ran a [email protected] in the 1/8mi. in my Evo 9 with only a Buschur turbo back, air filter, [email protected], and self tuned. I was launching at 5.5k and managed to pull a 1.77 60' with a little wheel spin. Now go get a tune and run 11's.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5k factory 2-step on the 9's, not sure on the others. It can be changed by reflashing the ecu with a cable and ECUFlash. Pretty good times untuned, you will be surprised how much power is in a good tune. For reference, I ran a [email protected] in the 1/8mi. in my Evo 9 with only a Buschur turbo back, air filter, [email protected], and self tuned. I was launching at 5.5k and managed to pull a 1.77 60' with a little wheel spin. Now go get a tune and run 11's.
Don't worry I'm planning on doing that! Waiting for my "tuner" to get back in the country to take care of it.
From what I heard they don't receive much power from the mods, but mostly from the tune.
Can't wait to try it again tuned :D:tree:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
My buddies car turned the AMS dyno at 300whp and 325lb ft with just his reflash, but boost was also bumped up to 24lbs with just that reflash. Oh, and some hard pipes.

What do you use to reflash and tune? Can you use the same or similar tools with the X?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I use a Tatrix 1.3 cable and ECUFlash to tune and Evoscan to datalog and a zeitronix wb. I am also on Tephra's 5.1 modified rom for added feature such as nlts, map switching and knock cel. The ecuflash forum on EvoM has a wealth of info for self tuners and is worth checking out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Now go get a tune and run 11's.
and then replace your clutch :p

God I just want to get a mbc and a tune on my car I know it will help a lot, but so much $$$ for just a tune and I can't do it myself without having my wb installed. Alas, I guess it will continue to wait for mods :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts