DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my problem is i dont just wanna smoke people off the line. i also wanna take out sum topend cars. which turbo will do this for me without lagging too much (i gotta girlfriend).

·
Registered
662 Posts
TURBOsliC said:
ok my problem is i dont just wanna smoke people off the line. i also wanna take out sum topend cars. which turbo will do this for me without lagging too much (i gotta girlfriend).
:confused: :confused:

Look into the new ball bearing turbos, lower spool + high flow.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got a wife! She got MAAAAAAAAD Top end! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
20G goes up to like 525(going by machv.com).

Then again there is a video on here of a 2G with the T3/T4 beating on a Supra BPU++ i believe it is.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
TURBOsliC said:
Are you for real???? What does having a girlfriend have to do with your situation of wanting a top-end runner? If she's making the final decision of what your allowed to run...?? :rolleyes: .... just ask her for her suggestion. But for real, you will have to list your current mods, future mods, and bottem line plans for the vehicle to get a reasonable answer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Are you for real???? What does having a girlfriend have to do with your situation of wanting a top-end runner? If she's making the final decision of what your allowed to run...?? .... just ask her for her suggestion. But for real, you will have to list your current mods, future mods, and bottem line plans for the vehicle to get a reasonable answer.
fine harry... fine. i was just saying i dont want too much lag in the turbo. i want my girlfriend to have a nice smooth ride(sheesh). and i am just talkin bout a turbo i will get for the long run. not saying im going to go get it right now. just wandering what a good top end turbo w/out all the lag would be... thats all.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sounds like you need a good ol' T25. Ill sell mine for $500 shipped. :D

Nah, you might wanna look into the AGP L2R or something like that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanx for the tip on the l2r. man!!! i just did sum research, and i think all my dreams just came true w/that turbo. i thought it would be more expensive.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
[QUOTE i want my girlfriend to have a nice smooth ride(sheesh) [/B][/QUOTE]

t4 and spray a 50 shot off the line. that will be nice, smooth and relaxing. :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by dsm97turbo
eagle talans are wanna be eclipse's ......there not even dsm's
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

note: there has been no alterations to the grammar and spelling

haha.. some peoples kids :eek:

·
Registered
204 Posts
get all the other shit you need before wanting a turbo w/lots of "top end". Asking something like that is like saying "I'm looking for a turbo that goes fast, but doest lag to much" Its a broad stupid, I have no clue what I'm talking about question.

3 words:
Use the search!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wtf... is it really that hard to just answer that kinda question. god!!! u freekin people r sooo dumb. i just want to know for the future. i mean c'mon... really, wheres all the luv for the fellow dsm'ers (suuuun oovvvva)??? i guess asking what a good top end turbo is, is the stupidist question any1 has ever heard. watch the f...who u talk to like that. yo... if u cant answer a simple question, maybe u shouldnt be on a forum. DAMN!!! dont be so high and mighty bout what u know and others dont. i guess this is how u guys treat us new guys. get the F outta here with that kinda response. oh and did u notice that sum people actually like to help other people in here.

·
Registered
298 Posts
BR20G, FP RED, and GREEN

Pick ONE! I'm pretty sure you will like the TOPend so does your girlfrield.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am referring to blunttwister on that last 1. just a little fyi. but thanx STEVO and BAD BOY (i guess sum poeple r coo).

·
Registered
298 Posts
Facts...

If you all look at the DSM fastest times page, BR20 runs as quick as FP Green and both runs almost as fast as FP Red. The Red is more of a "race only" turbo but with the aid of nitros it can be done. I'll still to theese three turbos because they have been proven so there's no guessing whether is it your car or the turbo.

I'm still having a hard time deciding if I should go with the BR20g or the Green. My goal is to run mid to high 11s and call it done. So, I guess your pick is down between the BR20g and the Green. Either turbos will get you into 11s and have mad topend. Moreover, both turbos has the capability of putting more HP than your stock motor can handle. Good luck!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Turboslic:
Not starting a pissing contest so calm down. This question has been talked about on every board so many times over you could get an answer w/o making this thread.

The Green and BR20 have both gone very fast and are 100% streetable IMO providing good spool up time before 4k. BR20g has gone faster, but I wouldnt put it above the FP green at all. The 50trim wheel kicks ass.

badboy93tsi:
If you all look at the DSM fastest times page, BR20 runs as quick as FP Green and both runs almost as fast as FP Red.
There is a huge difference between a 20g/green size turbo and Red. Red is a race turbo that "can" be driven on the street, but there times are not "almost" close. Red has a couple cars in the 9's w/a traps in the 140's. I think only 1 and I could be wrong 20g's ever hit 10's and it was Shepard, but could make a t25 run 12's:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
BR20g into 10s

There has been many 1G AWD running 10s on BR20g. If you know how to tune and drive the car, BR20g is way more capable of putting you into the 10s club. If you can get your 14b to run low 12s on stock injectors, IC, motor, I'm sure you're one heck of a tuner/driver. With upgrade injectors, fmic, cams, perhaps built motor, BR20g is all you need.

Phil ran 12 flat with his 1G AWD with stock 14b and basically stock fuel, IC and motor. Running 10.9 in 1/4 mile isnt hard from a 12.0 flat. That's only 1.1 sec away and I'm sure with upgrade bolt on that is possible. But the facts is BR20g times is about the same as FPGreen from the "Fastest DSM 1/4 time page" Go at take a look for yourself then come back here to let me know what ya think. Later!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Keep one thing in mind Badboy:

The lower the time, the harder it is to decrease it further. This is and exponential relationship (not literally, but you get what I'm saying.)

1.1 seconds is A LOT of time to make up for.

People don't run 10's without a lot of work put into the car.

No flaming intended, just a friendly wake-up call.:cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts