DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when do u know when u have to change ur tranny fluid because my car grinds a little bit and hope the tranny aint messed up

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
Change it anyway.....you probably have old stuff in there anyway, so it couldn't hurt ;) Invest in 3 quarts of BG Synchroshift, IMO the best tranny fluid out there. You WILL notice a difference :) You also might want to bleed the clutch hydraulic lines via the slave cylinder. It's possible you have some air in the lines and the clutch isn't engaging all the way.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Easy to drain but hard to fill. It's in a really tough spot. I rig up a funnel with silicone hose.

Mine was starting to whine a bit, it is a high milage tranny. I had redline MT-90 in there with about 50,000 miles on it. It needed changing bad. I put in new MT-90 and the whine went away, very cool.

For a tranny that's grinding, MT-90 would be a good place to start in trying to get it fixed. It's formulated explicitly to help synchros along.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts