DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Some of you know I blew my motor on may 15th its been long and a lot of work since it ran *(poor white boy) Couple weeks ago we got it running, and wow; was it ever a sweet sound, at that point I saw everything I have worked soo hard for pay off. Untill after the inital warm up and checking of everything after putting a new motor in. It was then time to take it on its first voyage; around the block. I went to put it in gear and the clutch felt really funny. I grabbed the horse cock and pushed it into 1st and it wouldent go in, the car just sorta roled foreward, no grinding anything. i shut off and put in gear and tried to start the car and it moved foreward. It has a NEW master and slave from buschur and its all bled, new act2100 and turned flywheel. so then i pulled the tranny *(40 mintues when your really pissed off) at this point i put a mitsu tO bearing instead of the act one. I havent put the tranny back in yet, im waiting for some answers.
At this point im already telling people I'm selling the car as soon as its together, but then i come on here and see all of my dsm boy's *(and few girls) and want to stay in the group.
SO PLEASE ANYONE CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME ASAP
the master cylinder looks to be adjusted almost all the way out also.
thanks
DeRrIcK

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,617 Posts
You put the disc in the right way? The clutch pedal shouldn't be bent from a 2100, but give that a check (it should raise all the way up on its own. Did you watch the clutch fork, to make sure it wasn't bottoming out on the tranny case? What is the step height of the flywheel? Make sure all of the flare nuts are fully tightened and bleed the system again. If the fork was bottoming out, try putting a spacer under the pivot ball. Also look at the clutch fork to make sure it isn't bent or broken.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HELP

Hello,
What is flyhweel "step" and how do I check it? Also, how do I check to see if the clutch pedal is bent, because thats what erik @ buschurs said to check?
Thanks
DeRrIcK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts