DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i think my tranny is about to give up. Ill just tell you what its doing. I have to be totally stopped to go into first without grinding like a bitch. And second grinds all the time now. Third is good and always has been. Fourth, well i have no fourth, pops out of gear everytime i try and put it in gear and give it gas, like putting pressure on it, you know. Fifth is fine. Reverse is fine. Im pretty sure its just screwed and my syncros are bad. But if anybody thinks it might be somethin else let me know. Thanks, Justin
Also while im on here, ill ask another ?. My driveline (driveshaft, rear dif., whatever else to move the car in the rear) is making hella noises, like clunking. I thought that was my support bearings for my driveshaft but i did the $5 dollar fix i saw on dsm.org and that didnt help at all (i mightve not put enough silicone in). But anyways, I just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas on what it might be. thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
When you can't put the car into gear unless you stop it sounds like the clutch. As for the poping out??? bent shift forks and bad syncros. If I were you I would start getting money together and replace the trans fulid with BG syncro shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts