DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have had the Translab kit and Alto kits in for appr. 6 months. I have learned to drive with them. i did use the black spring. the past 3 weeks i've noticed that it doesn't seem to be downshifting like it was before. I added a little bit of trickshift and it helped some but it still doesn't feel the same as before. I already have about an inch or so over the full on the stick. I had to drain a little bit of fluid once before. I do not do N-D drops only brake launches at 2300-3000. Please let me know if anyone has suggestions.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Did you use all TrickShift when you refilled the fluid after the shift kit install?

Also, I was reading in the service manual a few weeks ago and there's a part in the tranny called the "kickdown servo". From reading the troubleshooting section, it kinda sounds like if that part went bad it would act like you described. But I'm certainly no expert-- just guessing.

If you could describe in more detail how it's not downshifting right, maybe I could read more in the manual to see if I can help figure out what's wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts