DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 FWD turbo

The transmission stopped disengaging a few days ago. It has new slave and master cyclinders on it and they are in good working order. I pulled it out and the clutch (act 2600) had one of the spring broken out of the clutch disk and the throw out bearing that came with the ACT kit had been crushed. Changed the disk and the throw out bearing thinking my troubles were over. It still wont release. I pulled again this morning and put another pressure plate on it and nothing changed. The fork apeared to be straight and in for working order as well. I don't know what else to check.. any help/suggestion would be great. It does have the extended slave rod on it already.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.. I have changed the fork and spaced out the ball it rides on and it still isn't working correctly. I am pulling it apart again today.

·
Honorary Moderator
4,838 Posts
You need to find out where the problem is first. Jack the car up and have someone jump in and actuate the clutch pedal. Crawl under and look at the movement of the fork/slave cylinder push-rod. Is it moving when the clutch is being actuated? if it is, by how much? This will pinpoint whether it's a hydraulic problem/faulty clutch pedal assembly or whether you need to drop the tranny. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts