DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ever its called i am not sure but I was changing my clutch when i noticed the driver side output seal (the one inside the trans) was leaking trans fluid so i decided to change it but my QUESTION is: Are both the passenger side and the driver side seals both the same? the part i am talking about it should be MD 707184. I am having a hard time figuring this out cause i have an aftermarket one for the passenger side but it doesnt seem to work for the driver side. Btw this is for a 98 talon awd.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Replace both while you are at it or get both for future reference even if you just replaced it

·
Registered
490 Posts
Red1991TSI said:
They are all 3 different seals. You'll need an MD707184, MD719710, and MD723202. Pulling the tranny on a 2g is a biotch. Don't ask me how I know. :wall:
Are these the same for 92 AWD tranny?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Just curious if I need to remove input and output shaft to replace the seal for input and output shaft on tranny? (sorry about off topic) Thanks,
Andrew

·
Registered
849 Posts
So guys, I took off the end case of the transmission, replace the output seal and about to put it back I understand that I only need to seal the end case with sealant. however, I also see that the end case bolts also torque down the "transaxle case adapter" which is the next piece to the end case. (next is transaxle case , then bell housing). If I unbolt the end case, would the seal between transaxle case and transxale case adapter will need to be redone. I don't want to remove more gearing before getting to transaxle case adapter... so much work..

do you guys only seal the end case and doesn't have any leak? thanks

Andrew

1 - 9 of 9 Posts