DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
You can get a higher stall convertor for them, but I am unsure who makes them. I am also looking for one for my car.

·
Honorary Moderator
1,110 Posts
Maestr0 said:
Does anyone make transbrake kits for the awd transmissions?
No. And they most likely never will since there is not a whole lot of demand for them. Upgraded brakes and maybe a "line lock" would be a good investment for hard launching.

·
Honorary Moderator
1,110 Posts
tsitalon92 said:
You can get a higher stall convertor for them, but I am unsure who makes them. I am also looking for one for my car.
Check out this thread: http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61702

Near the bottom of my post, I have the three shops listed. Dunrite and Protorque already have them available, Precision Industries product is still in development.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Back to the question of transbrakes. To my knowledge, nobody makes them for our cars. But that doesn’t concern me, I’m curious if anyone has attempted to set up their own. I am interested in 1G autos. I have been meaning to test a few things out but haven’t had the time yet. So, I’ll see if anyone else knows. Is it possible to get the transmission into reverse other then mechanically shifting. I want to know if could get it into reverse electronically (similar to how the TCU sends signals to the + gear solenoids, unfortunately I don’t think it is possible), and I do realize that if it is possible it won’t be a nice signal to duplicate. Any response would be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts