DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question ....bout 2 years ago i was driving and going about 50mph and all of a sudden all 4 wheels LOCKED UP. Come to find out my transfer case had leaked. They fixed it under recall/warranty but my question is.......what parts are replaced? For instance does that mean they replaced my transmission also? and if this happened would they in any way check the crank walk problem or nething? just curious we were talking about this 2night so i thought id ask u guyz =)

Lj

·
Registered
358 Posts
a little off topic, does this recall apply to all DSM's (90-99)? Also what do you do, just take your car to a dealership and say i wan't my T-case replaced under the recall/warrenty?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealerships should replace anything that is damaged as a result of the transfer case leak. So if the leak damaged your tranny, you should have gotten a new one, if not, they wouldn't have. It's pretty much up to the tech/dealer, unless you put up a fuss.

As for as getting the recall checked, you can make an appointment with any mitsu dealership and let them know you want to have the T-case checked. Give them the VIN number, they will run a report of the recalls available on the car and check it out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts