DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recall is for the yoak seal and Yopke it self to stop the leak ( BTW it's it's not working ) They HAVE to at least do that. in your case they will have to replace the case and 99.9% of the time it isn't in stock. you will have to wait till a replacement unit comes in and they will swap it out no charge. YOU DON'T PAY 1 RED CENT

If they give you a hard time there are places to turn like corpret Mitsu. they will force the dealer to do it. they don't need another law suit. let us know if there is a problem and we will point you in yhr right direction.

mods have NO effect on this. I was part of the first study before the recall and had 2 car sent in. One 90 that has little mods about 290 HP car and the other was a 400+HP car and 4 other peoples cars. ( [email protected] was one of the other people. it was known by mitsu that the sample cases were taken from car that were stock ( like Mike's at the time ) and worked cars ( like Mine ) and all were excepted. 1 month later Mitsu announced the recall

Good Luck
Bill Marino
Hole Shot Performance

·
Registered
7 Posts
THANKS FOR THE REPLY.DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT USUALLY TAKES FOR THE DEALERSHIP TO GET ANOTHER T-CASE? LONGER THAN A WEEK AND A HALF?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Everyone I was just wondering how many of you have had the transfer case recall and
if you had any problems?
I had mine just about lock up on the way to Vegas and it wont hold any oil. I have an appointment to get it done. Is there anything that I should know when I go in? Any advice?
Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Let's just put it this way..I drive a 96 Talon Tsi and I'm on my 3rd transfer case and have yet to receive a notification of recall from anyone. The first 2 transfer cases were replaced due to a run in with a ditch and then a run in with a deer. The 3rd one was replaced because well, my darn tranny decided it didn't wanna shift while in OD anymore. I took the car to my dealership(it is still under warranty coverage) and when I got my car back 5 MONTHS later, it was still broken. When I called Chrysler, ya know what they told me? "It's not our problem." Well, it is their problem because I'm contacting my attorney over it. I did take my car back to the shop where repairs were made on my vehicle and they put it on the computer to read it and the tech couldn't figure out what was wrong only that it was a "transmission problem." They said they had to wait to hear from the tech's at Chrysler after they looked at it to be able to fix it. That was 2 months ago, and I still haven't heard anything. luckily, my car seems to be shifting okay, but who knows what will come of it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts