DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my n/t, I could change gears holding the shifter with two fingers if I wanted, but on my awd, it takes an awful lot of force to get it in gear. Feels almost like I have to grab the shifter with both arms to get it into second. I think my left leg is getting a muscular from the act2600, while my right arm is growing from the shifter...lol. I tried putting in a symborski kit, but it's still pretty stiff.

Any idea as to what could be causing this? Is this because of the 2600? Does something need adjustment? Problem with my transmission?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like you need to adjust your clutch engagement point....the rod coming out of the clutch master cylinder. If it's adjusted too low, the clutch isn't fully disengaging, making it hard to shift...

·
Registered
778 Posts
bg synchroshift cured my 1g's shifting ails.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought the car with 76k....i have paperwork from the previous owner showing Redline MTL synthetic fluid put in at 70k along with a new clutch (act 2600, fidanza, new release bearing, clutch fork, pivotball).

I notice the clutch engages fairly low...maybe that's the issue? I found something about it regarding 1g's in the vfaq. Is it the same for 2g's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts