DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm. I notice with my small system I get trunk rattle out the @$$. I have 2/12" JL Audio w4's In my car powered by a 400w amp. I still get massive trunk rattle. I wanted to know if anyone knows any good way of geting rid of this annoying rattle. But just an addition I love how the bass hits inside my car. It sounds nice and lout but the damn outside bass is annoying. Any helpful hands. Thanks...

------------------
1991 Talon ESi
Bill - [email protected]

·
Registered
308 Posts
What exactly is rattling? Try buying Dynamat, any stereo store sells it, a small sheet goes a long way, tighten down anything that may be loose, especially the license plate, apply in small squares, good luck!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Do you have the stock wing?? I found most of my rattle was from where the wing meets the hatch, if you sit on the wing, most of my rattle went away. If you have the wing, turn up the system and then sit on your hatch, it should quiet it. Remove the wing, dynamat the inside the wing, then use some sort of rubber lining where the wing meets the trunk, even use the dynamat so the bare wing isn't touching the bare metal of the hatch, thats causing the horrible noise. As far as the lights rattling, I have yet to find a solution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx 91Talon...Yeah I know what you mean...my rattle is coming from the wing...Anyway how does the car look without the wing?..My car is in the shop so I cant see yet...

------------------
1991 Talon FWD N/T :(
Drive Hard. DSM 4 Life
Bill - [email protected]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Without the wing the car looks like and RS... And besides, they put holes in the cars body where the wing attatches to. You'd have to patch those up and repaint if you decided to take it off completely.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
Goto NAPA or shucks or any other auto supply store and get rubberised undercoating. And spray that behind and on the back of the plastic panels. Or goto mcmaster.com and search for High temp mastic its exactly the same as Dynomat only 5 times cheaper. Most of the noises out side are coming from the inside. Because the rattling you hear is basicly the inside of your car rubbing on the outside. So if you put a layer of rubber between them, it will stop most of the rattles inside and out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts