DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I recently got myself thrown into the DSM game after I bought this 98 Eagle Talon Tsi with 90xxx miles. The goal is to run it reliably but still make a little bit of power till i can get a 16g or something. I recently manual swapped it because the auto trans was acting out, which I know some of you will think I should've kept the auto trans and honestly now knowing theyre superior I know I should just rebuild it but I really want to have a sweet daily that I'll love driving. Besides the manny swap I also just got TRE 550cc injectors, wally 255 fuel pump, evo 8 fmic, hks ssqv bov, blox racing manual boost controller and a obx fuel pressure regulator installed. I've been stressing because I know the cars gonna need a tune for the car to run safely and nicely but on a budget. Lets pretend dsm link doesnt exist for this purpose because its a little out of my price range an I also don't think its too necessary with how mild my build is. So my 2 options seem to be run a SAFCII or get my ecu flashed. I know that getting it flashed is the better and more reliable option but there are no tuners or experienced individuals around me that I know to do it. Even Boostin Performance wont flash it even though its a blackbox ecu and also if I run an SAFCII I dont want to make a mistake tuning it myself. I just want to make the best decision for my Talon so it isn't like the rest of the facebook marketplace or craigslist eclipses out there lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts