DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off I have 2G pistons 1G rod cobination, built head with Crower cams, Heavy duety springs retainers etc etc, 650 injectors, 255 fuel pump, Dnp Header RS60, SBR FMIC with maft blow threw, FPR set to (44) at idle. And more

I'm tuning the car using AFC-2, I did a few 3rd gear pulls with a logger, and the car would hit feul cut at 5500 on default afc settings. I turned my boost down to 15lbs to tune and put -8 across the board on High throttle and the same at low throttle, the car felt good and it got rid of fuel cut, but at around 5800rpm and up I would get up to 16 counts of knock, we tried tuning it from -5 to -10 threw out the 5200rpm range and up on the afc and it didnt change the knock.
Injector duety cycle is at low 90% like 92-93.
Any help would be great.

Thanks Josh

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
What are you using to determine your knock count. Don't tell me the Safc2. :rolleyes:

It doesn't surprise me that you hit fuel cut with the default settings at a higher boost level with an aftermarket turbo. If you didnt' there would be a problem. Fuel cut is air flow referenced. You were flowing over a certain amount of air, the ecu thought it might be dangerous and hit you with fuel cut.

Going negative on the Safc hides airflow signal from the ecu pushing off fuel cut.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL no Safc doesnt measure knock I'm not a nube. :p

I used the data logger and it said I'm getting 16 counts at the most at around 5800rpm. I was going to bring it to a dyno but I thought I mite try it myself. Just not sure how to tune around that so I can turn up the boost. Like I said before I tried adjusting it in the high range from 5200-7200 but nothing seems to change the knock.

Josh

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts
You could use bigger injectors first. I would give you more room to tune. Anything over 80% and you are working the injectors pretty hard.

If you keep adding fuel at the point of knock what happens? Does it get better or worse? If you remove fuel slowly at that point what happens? I am talking more than 2%. The knock should start getting worse in one of the directions.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you think the 650s are to small rite? I heard 90% on cycle duety is goog mines at like 92-93%. The knock #s didn't really change eather way i'll do some pulls tomarrow but if I go from -8 to -5 it hits fuel cut quicker.

Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts