DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I've read like 60 or 70 posts on the agruments between venting and not venting your BOV to the atmosphere. I don't want to know if i should/shouldn't vent--I am venting my BOV. so, if you are a non-venter, please, DON'T say anything! I don't want this to turn into a big controversy like it has many times in the past--you're not going to change my mind anyway. As for the venters, i need your help...

Okay, I have (not yet installed) a A'pexi power intake, HKS SSQV, a TurboXS dual boost controller, autometer boost gauge, EGT gauge, a/f gauge, and i'll be getting an S-AFC. In what order should i install these things? is there anything else i will need so i don't run into problems? I plan on running 15-16psi of boost for now, seeing that i have the t25 and a stock fuel system. For you guys w/ a s-afc, how did you set yours up? Thanks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm a non-venter and i'm not hear to argue but i'm here to tell you, that you cannot tune the loss of air with an afc. Plain and simple. Get a vpc to get rid of your mas and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well the vpc gets rid of your mas air sensor which is the problem on why you cant vent to the atmosphere. Do a search at vpc.

·
Registered
362 Posts
VPC

I vent my stock crushed BOV. No problem, car behaves normal except that i have a bad gas mileage and yes i run real rich when i shift. Other than that evrything is OK.

In order = intake, gauges, boost controller, BOV, then S-AFC

Me venting, im gonna need a VPC.

Where can i get one for a good price?

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
No you need an application specific one

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yeah if you got the cash, 500-800 look on the trader or ebay and get one. THey are the BOMB, having no MAS adds power, plus fuel tuning is power and you get open blow off valve. Also, it makes your turbo loud as hell (hence no MAS). My car makes crazy turbo noises then the open BOV just tops it off. Buschur still uses VPC/GCC combo in his 7 second car so, cant be wrong!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Okay. Well i've decided to get the DSMlink instead of the afc. That will work with the VPC right? And whats a GCC...the only thing i could think of was Greddy Catch Can....

·
Registered
932 Posts
haha no, GCC is GRAPHIC CONTROL COMPUTER. You can add it to the VPC for further fuel tuning. Its a fuel tuner like the AFC.
I dont know much about the DSM LINK. I dont know how hard it is to tune either. VPC is incredibly easy to tune. Let me know how it works.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol...so thats what it is. How much does a GCC go for? And does it just tune fuel? What type of display does it go to? Actually, if you can give me a link to a good site that tells about it, that would work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the link talonted. Seems like the DSMlink would work like the GCC with the VPC. Anyone with a DSMlink know if they work together?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts