DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys ive reached yet another dilemma, this time on turbos. Im torn between the AGP BIG 28, and the Big16g. I understand that the b16g needs the adaptor kit and the big28 will bolt up. I can get the parts made for next to nothing for the big16g kit. i plan on buying bigger injectors, but not right away, and an fmic later on during the summer...I guess im not looking for something super quick, but something faster than the t-too slow, and something to lay some smack down on some Z28's and SS camaros. would the Big28 pull enough to get me up there with them? traction is another issue, the Big28 spools so quick would I just spin? with the big16g i will have a lil slower spool time but more time to regain traction...you decide.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
AGP L1R

Fuck the girly turbos:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Go take a look at the times pages.... Look for the t28 vs. the 16g, big 16g.

16g is the most under rated turbo on the planet, period.....

Go for the 16g, big 16g, you will be very happy!

Regards,

Mike Huml

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would think that with a more powerful FWD car, a slower spool (i.e. Big16g) would help a lot, unless you had an electronic boost controller like the Blitz SBC i-D (It would let you vary boost levels for certain amounts of time with the scramble feature, or by speed or RPM in conjunction with the PowerMeter i-D) I would go with an FP Big 28, but the AGP Big 28 seems like a good choice if you have variable boost control. Besides, you can always cook those tires for the ladies with the 28 if you choose to ;)

In reply to the 16g being underrated... lol. I think that more DSM's are equipped with that than any other aftermarket turbo.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres a chance I may be able to sell my turbo to someone, if thats the case, if I could get $100 bux for my t25, its in good shape and all, that might make it all more worth the while to invest in the b16g. i dunno, its not going to happen until spring so i'll have the winter to think about it, maybe look into a good used FMIC

·
Registered
230 Posts
In reply to the 16g being underrated... lol. I think that more DSM's are equipped with that than any other aftermarket turbo.
What I meant by under rated.....

I mean, the 16g has sooo much power potential, but everyone ditches them for the biggest baddest turbo they can buy.

So, under rated to me means under utilized.....

Regards

Mike Huml
aka...Slowboy

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
mytalon said:
How does the FP big28 compare to the 16G and the AGP big 28?
That is an endless discussion that people have already tried to put an end to many times in other threads (and failed). :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm going with the FPBig28 for the bolt on installation and quick spool up, with Blitzor Apexi BC you shouldn't have a problem spinning too much at launch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts