DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sorry I am really new to cars and such. I am just wondering about a few things. I have a 1991 Red Eagle Talon ESi (non-turbo. FWD) and I kinda want a turbo. I am looking for a 16-20g turbo and I wanted to know what type of problems I will be getting into in putting a turbo in a non turbo made car. Can someone help me out? Please Email r respond with some answers. Thans alot!

------------------
1991 Talon ESi
Bill - [email protected]

·
Registered
701 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RedTalon91ESi:
and I kinda want a turbo. I am looking for a 16-20g turbo and I wanted to know what type of problems I will be getting into in putting a turbo in a non turbo made car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, you cant just take a 16g or 20g and slap it onto an NT. But what you can do is buy a turbo kit. They dont usually make as much power as the factory turbo cars, but they get the job done. If you really want a 16G, you can buy a complete turbo engine with a turbo ECU and put them in your car. But it might just be easier to sell your car and buy a turbo car.

Whatever you do, good luck. And Im sure theres someone here who can explain this a little better than me :)

-Dave

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Well, it would seem that the *general* consensus here is : sell the Esi and buy a Tsi according to past posts on this same topic.
HRC, I believe are the "experts" at making Esi's turbo capable. But for the price, I'm glad I bought a Tsi. Check them out... http://www.turbosystem.com/

------------------
Rocky Mountain modified Talon
Live, Learn, Love and Bleed DSM...

My DSM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the help..how much do u think i can get for a 1991 Talon (non turbo fwd) red 120k miles, 5 spd, 2.0 DOHC, nice outside, great inside. like new?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts