DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my current mods are below in my sig...
I am purchasing a big 16g ported and clipped plus fuelpump etc soon. I have always been following a certain path, but this is where I am not sure what road to take. I have heard that without fuel management I cannot run much boost on this turbo. I was planning on going sAFC untill I begun hearing from people how much of a waste it is. There is a place around me selling piggy back (Standalones) for 700 installed and tuned. Sounds like a great deal. Then I hear that the piggy back systems are something our cars do not like. So then someone says go full standalone. Well, full standalone is around 1400 plus install and tuning... Very pricey! All I want is some mid 13s here! What should I do?

ps: I'm looking for just the mod after the turbo is in, but I do encourage full mod paths you think might be useful for me to know of

·
Registered
44 Posts
dsmlink.com. BUY THIS! badd ass and designed just for our cars. it will run u in the neighborhood of 600 with a 95 eprom ecu, or about 8-900 if you have to buy one. There are many options, just check out the website and read the FAQ on there.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Just to put everything in perspective, I ran 13s on the stock t25 and no fuel control. IF you do want to go with this type of setup, you have AFC/pocketlogger or DSMlink to choose from. They are about the same price so if you have an EPROM ECU the decision is clear. It is a great way to go. But either one will do the job for much faster than 13s. HTH

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the responses.... well i dont have the rom ecu... arent those int he 95-96? im a 98 gsx.... basically i am thinking of now going big16g with no fuel support for a while and jsut keeping the boost low. Buying an 02 eliminator downpipe and then going for fuel mods... by then i will be saving for the stand alone fuel management and that might work...

the reason this all started is because i have a friend with a 98 gsx similar setup to mine but he has his big16g already in.... and he has 550s and an safc.... his fastest run was a 13.5 and thats the BEST he could pull.... hes got all the mods i have below plus fuel mods... im thinking a downpipe might be whats restricting him so much but i am not sure... either way... they say my car should be in the high 14s low 15s with my mods i have.... for 2 grand i think i should be a bit lower than that maybe low 14s? what you all think?

oh and keep the fuel discussions and suggestions comming please i still am looking into it more

·
Banned
48 Posts
dsm link

As a source for the dsm link, check out www.darklightning.com They have it for a good price, and are very knowledgeable. I personally know the owner, who has a big 16g equipped 97 Talon, and will probably be happy to give you advice. Just an idea.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Your friend needs to tune his car. He should pick up a pocketlogger or some other datalogger. The key to being fast is tuning tuning tuning. Every person on here who has datalogging is tuning their car daily on their drive to work, I'm sure. Big16G should put someone into mid-12's.

You should just pick up some datalogging and go from there. Your profile didn't say you had an EGT, get one of those as well. Make sure you aren't melting your car.

:angel:

·
Banned
48 Posts
dsm link

That's the beauty of the dsm link...it is a data logger, a fuel adjuster, and a timing adjuster all in one, with a laptop interface. And it datalogs at like 300 samples a second, much faster than the pocketlogger.

·
Registered
264 Posts
PrimeAi said:
Your friend needs to tune his car. He should pick up a pocketlogger or some other datalogger. The key to being fast is tuning tuning tuning. Every person on here who has datalogging is tuning their car daily on their drive to work, I'm sure. Big16G should put someone into mid-12's.

You should just pick up some datalogging and go from there. Your profile didn't say you had an EGT, get one of those as well. Make sure you aren't melting your car.

:angel:
:scholar: I agree. You will be hitting 12's easilly if you have your car properly TUNED. DSMlink is really worth it. But if you only want mid to low 13's just get a pocketlogger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts