DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is kind of a problem. i need to buy new bolts to mount my turbo. however, the dealership wants alot of money for them. almost 50 bucks canadian. is there someplace i can get them cheaper, or can i substitute a grade 8 bolt. any info would help alot. thanx.

·
Banned
9 Posts
You can look in the yellow pages for "industrial supplies" or "fasteners". Bring your old bolt with you for comparison, I heard that kind is hard to find.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The factory bolts are hardened and coated. I would use them. 50$ canadian is riduculous. They are about 3-5$ apiece depending on dealer. Conicelli in PA is my supplier. Try the DSM vendors pages.BTW don't forget new washers. they aren't just flat washers but are actually belleville springs and THESE are what keep those bolts from backing out. I think there is way too much myth out there and this is one of them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Red I too had a heart attack at the price of those stupid bolts! I went to Brafasco and bought a grade 8 bolt M10x1.25 cost about $2.00 :) It's the washers that you need to find as mine backs it self out on occasion. The bolt has held up fine to the heat though. I only needed one to replace that stupid stud. It is a little shorter than the others as the stud does not go all the way through the turbo. Make sure you get it about 5mm shorter than the rest or tap the hole.

------------------
Chris Holmes
'91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5051
Turbo + Intercooler = The Replacement For Displacement

1 - 4 of 4 Posts