DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any1 upgraded their turbo outlet elbow? I am considering doing this upgrade but want some feed back on what to expect. I am looking for faster spooling, so if any1 has upgraded this unit i.e. Buschur's 2in unit. Thanks in advance for any input that may help my query.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Don't get the elbow until you have upgraded your turbo. Or you can port the compressor side first and then buy the elbow. Don't expect too much of a gain because the stock compressor outlet is still a restriction (the opening is the same size as the stock elbow), as well as the small inlets/outlets of the stock I/C.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i got the outlet from Dejon tool for my 1G and match ported the 14b outlet when I put it on, and definetly noticed a spoolup difference, although i also put on his turbo inlet pipe at the same time. Cant remember how much the two were, maybe 70 for the pair, but definetly worth it.

------------------
Tony
95 GSX
96 TSI
90 GST

[This message has been edited by 4npower (edited August 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by overboosted:
i got the outlet from Dejon tool for my 1G and match ported the 14b outlet when I put it on, and definetly noticed a spoolup difference, although i also put on his turbo inlet pipe at the same time. Cant remember how much the two were, maybe 70 for the pair, but definetly worth it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am also considering the Dejon upgrade; Did you have to remove the turbo to port the compressor outlet? I really don't want to remove it if I can avoid doing so. Thanks in advance for your response.

Danny,
90 GSX

·
Registered
43 Posts
no, i left the turbo on.
just shove some rags in the inlet, and have an air compressor and air nozzle to blow away any shavings.

------------------
Tony
95 GSX
96 TSI
90 GST

[This message has been edited by 4npower (edited August 30, 2000).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts