DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get some help with a turbo selection. I'm thinking about sticking the garrett gt45 or gt47 on my 2g. In stead of using the gt42 I wanna go bigger. I'm gonna hve the turbo facing forward in the bumper with a are to water. Does anybody think I'll have a problem running a turbo 80mm or bigger.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
greenghost said:
I wanted to get some help with a turbo selection. I'm thinking about sticking the garrett gt45 or gt47 on my 2g. In stead of using the gt42 I wanna go bigger. I'm gonna hve the turbo facing forward in the bumper with a are to water. Does anybody think I'll have a problem running a turbo 80mm or bigger.
If your asking this question, you dont know what your getting into. The fastest awd eclipse in the world doesnt even run a turbo that big. He runs mid 7 sec passes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i know what he runs but just thinking about doing something different. The only reason I'm asking this question this is my first awd drive car and I'm gonna use the car to run the 6.0 class and the all out races where I live at. Just wanna make as much power as I can. This isn't my first turbo car I've had plenty of honda's. Just needed some info. What kind of power do the
4g63's see off of the gt42?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
4g64fiero said:
If your asking this question, you dont know what your getting into. The fastest awd eclipse in the world doesnt even run a turbo that big. He runs mid 7 sec passes.

I really hope the next post isn't:
I'm looking for a 1200hp daily driver....

To the OP, what are your supporting mods?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
greenghost said:
i know what he runs but just thinking about doing something different. The only reason I'm asking this question this is my first awd drive car and I'm gonna use the car to run the 6.0 class and the all out races where I live at. Just wanna make as much power as I can. This isn't my first turbo car I've had plenty of honda's. Just needed some info. What kind of power do the
4g63's see off of the gt42?
1200+ whp with a compressor of 74-76 mm. People are putting out 1600hp to the wheels on their sbc with 80mm turbos.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,716 Posts
just get one of these and call it a day.

4g64fiero said:
If your asking this question, you don't know what your getting into.
+1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.