DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i used search but didn't find exactly want i wanted to know... but i have an APEXi Auto Timer and i have a HKS harness but need advice/tips on how to hard wire the O2 and that other wire...is there an easy way to get to the ECU and/or harness? What do i have to remove? Also the vfaq and the APEX ECU pinouts say differant pins and i'm wondering which is the correct one. Thanks

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
Look on www.vfaq.com for the diagram of the ECU pinouts which will tell you exactly what ECU wires you need to find and tap into.

The ECU is behind the radio and center console and can be found by pulling the side panels off of the center console and looking in through the footwell.

The harness is accessable from the drivers side.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would it be quicker to remove the ecu or does the harness have any slack to comfortably work on it or is it tight as h3ll and need to prepare for the cramping of a life time. i miss working on old car where you could lay across the foot well and sleep if needed. =)

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
I don't think removing the ECU will give you much more room to work. The harness' wires aren't very long so you are pretty much stuck laying on the floor. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts