DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was wondering if there are any difference between the 2 heads besides the exhaust cam. Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
On a 2G they are not even close to being the same thing. On a 1G they are almost the same . . yes you can use a 1G 4G63 NT head (minutes the cams) on a 1G turbo without any issues or on a 2G with the normal 1G head swap modifications.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have 1g, sorry i didn't include that in the post. Im just wondering because the car jumped time and its cheaper to buy a new head then valves etc. thanks for the input i guess i will pick up a n/t head and swap my cam in it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i meant a replacement head i see them going for 100 bucks, I called the local mitsu dealer yesterday and they wanted $24 a valve.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i got a head for sale if u like. only want 50 bucks plus shipping. its missing somethings like cams, cam towers rockers and lifters. some are actually still there but not all is there. head should be fine came off a running car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
What do you mean by missing CAM TOWERS do you mean the caps that hold the cams on, if so the head is useless they are line bored to suit specific head!
You can also by s/s standard valves heap cheaper than OEM stuff. i bought a set of 1mm o/s for US$185. just searh the net you will find some good deals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts