DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Turbochargers.com Big28 Killer installed

23K views 230 replies 49 participants last post by  Generation X 
#1 ·
I ordered the Killer from Turbochargers.com a couple weeks ago. As I expected, customer service was top notch. I rec'd it last night and had it in a few hours. As arrived the turbine housing wasn't ported. I gave it a quick porting to remove the step to match my ported manifold. The install went smooth. You have to bend the water lines a bit to clear the compressor housing, but thats about it. I haven't had a chance to take it for a real ride yet, but my first impressions are very good. Spool is very quick considering the big16 wheel. Keep in mind this is on an auto. I have the boost low at 15 psi for now and i had full boost by 2,800 - 3,000 rpm. Boost is much smoother and linear compared to the T-25. Pulls strong with no creep or fall off to redline. As soon as I upgrade the injectors, fuel pump and AFC, I'll raise the boost. I'm very happy with it so far. :)

#2 ·
Sounds awesome so far. I'm very curious to hear how this turbo performs since it's reasonably priced and bolt on for 2g's. Are you planning on getting to a drag strip any time soon? I'm wondering what if any impact it will have on your 1/4 mile times, especially since you haven't really gotten to the supporting mods yet. It will really show the differences between it and the T-25. Keep us posted :)

#4 · (Edited)
I probably won't be to the strip anytime soon :(
Winter will be here before I can get my Fuel system situated. I pretty much need just 550's and a S-AFC. And a nice FMIC of course. The rest of the supporting mods are already there.

The only thing shared with the Big28 and the Killer is the turbine and center cartridge. The compressors are completely different. The killer uses a AiResearch Garrett housing with the big16 wheel.

I lowered my MBC before I went on the maiden voyage. I eased into the throttle and boost sored up to 18 psi for few second until the wonderful fuel cut spoiled my fun. It pulled like a raped ape! I lowered until the cut went to the way side.. around 15 psi. I believe this turbo will really come alive above 17+ psi. Its barely stretching its legs at a lazy 15 psi. lol

#6 ·
Wade,

My core is on the way. I managed to get all the foam back in the box. What a freakin mess that made when I opened it (in the living room) I couldnt wait to get it in the garage. Lol. The wife wasnt happy about that. :rolleyes: Oh well.

I might have to rob the fuel system from my GS-T. I really want to see what this baby will do. ;)

#7 ·
I can't wait to get the killer on my GS-T and start kicking domestic ass!!! Oh wait I can already do that. But anyway the Killer is a really great deal for all of us 2Gs. I am really excited Turbochargers.com came through for all of us 2gs that really weren't looking forward to a 2g install kit.

As soon as I get it on and to my friends dyno I will be able to give yall the lowdown on the power.

PEACE AND CHICKEN GREASE:D

#16 ·
Re: StangTT

Wayne said:
Back on track ..... How much did you need to modify/bend the water lines to clear the compressor housing ?
The rear one fit fine. I had to bend the front about a 3/4" down and out to clear the housing. No big deal at all. If the pic works, you can see its not bent much at all.

#19 ·
Ok, let's try this again.

Most of the posts from this thread are now gone. There were many people making claims in this thread, some well-made and within reason, while others made completely unfounded and obviously incendiary comments about specific vendors. No more of this shit please.

#20 ·
I still can't believe that something with that small of a housing can make so much more power, I guess it is the compressor wheel, but since the wheel is cramming all that air in with such a small compressor housing (Relatively) won't the intake temp be higher then say a 16G or a 20G?

#21 ·
umiami80 said:
I still can't believe that something with that small of a housing can make so much more power, I guess it is the compressor wheel, but since the wheel is cramming all that air in with such a small compressor housing (Relatively) won't the intake temp be higher then say a 16G or a 20G?

The Airreasearch housing is actuallly a good bit bigger than the t25 comp housing. I think it may even be a little bigger than a tdo5 comp housing. It appears to be a very promising turbo.

#22 ·
GSX4LIFE said:

The Airreasearch housing is actuallly a good bit bigger than the t25 comp housing. I think it may even be a little bigger than a tdo5 comp housing. It appears to be a very promising turbo.
Yes, quite a bit bigger. It nearly as big as my 20G in the GS-T.
Check out the link above for comparison pics of the T-25.

#25 ·
The small turbine with the large compressor seams to be the perfect match for the automatic. The ultra quick spool up really helps the sponge box on the low end. The top end pull isn't lacking either. Just be sure you have your manifold, O2 housing, and turbine port matched.
In a couple weeks I'll have my fuel system up to par, so I'll be able to crank up the boost to 18-20 psi. This baby will really come alive above 17. The cool air up in the northeast will allow my stock SMIC to manage for now. ;)

#26 ·
Get rid of the Stock SMIC as soon as possibe, i t drops 2.5 PSI and heast up the air to over 200 F, not good. Putting on a FMIC will make your car so much faster and not yank nearly as much timing, that shoul dbe your nect mod. That and 15psi will get you 300 at the crank, maybe more on the stock 450's with bumped fuel pressure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.