DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am thinking of buying a turboengine form ARD and swap into my 2G 4G63 NT 2.0 Eclipse..Now I want to know if anyone has bought from them and if they are any good?Theay said it fits the 89-94 Eclipse best..why not my 2G Eclipse since I have the 4G63 too..anyone know of differences ? I really want to go turbo and swapping is the easiest way for me...all I need is a good engine at a good price..so where do I find that? pls help me ou here guys!(and girls of course) http://come.to/GSwede96

·
Registered
97 Posts
You can not just drop in a Jap engine into a 95. The motor mounts on the firts gen eclipses are mostly on the Block. On the 2gs 3 of the 4 are on the tranny. it would take way to much time and money to get it to work. Just get yourself a 95 turbo engine and try that. Altough you are going to need a complete turbo wiring harness and ECU to get it to work. And trust me it is a pain in the ass to pull the wiring harness.

Richard www.thedsmshop.com
954-977-6789

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Richard. I have the european 96 GS...is the mounting the only thing different or not? And since I am looking for a turbo engine from a newer car like a 1995 and up I would really like to know where to find one!'smile*Do you have any suggestions pls let meknow...I WANT TO GO TURBO!!! *lol*

·
Registered
97 Posts
GS,

It is almost impossible to put a 1g turbo engine in a 2g. I think that RRE has done it before but I remember someone telling me that it would not be worth it do to the cost. If you want to go turbo sell your non turbo and pick up a turbo car. Trust me its cheaper in the long run.
If you want to find a turbo motor go to www.car-parts.com

Richard www.thedsmshop.com
954-977-6789

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont neeed the 1G turboengine! I need a 2G turboengine.....and didnt klnow the dif between a 1G and a 2G engine but now I know...so..I need a 2G turbo4G63 to put into my car..how hard is this to understand:) and do?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts