DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everything was work great in my 1990 awd tsi switched from stock pump to wally 190, now there is no power at the pump.
I have checked all fuses, and tried another relay that i know works and no go. I have power at the relay but none at the pump.
Anyone have any input?
Iv searched... Mainly wonder if i can run a new wire from the back of the relay but which pin out would i connect to.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What would be the best way to bypass the stock Relay? I want to run a new wire and relay setup but where could i draw the power from to open the relay, Instead of using the stock black and white wire because I have no power off of it.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
When you are testing, you have to have someone simulate a cam signal before you will get power to the pump. Are you testing power while cranking the engine or turning the CAS?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not the greatest with this kinda stuff, but I did not know it had to be cranking, I just figured it would prime when the key was turned to the on position.
I know the mpi fuse and relay are good, the car ran great i installed 580cc injectors, started car it ran. Then installed the walbro 190 pump and it is not getting fuel. I know the pump works I connected it at the battery and it did pump.
For the fuel pump jumper terminal i tried connecting a wire to the positive post and all i got was spark and nothing from the fuel pump.
I have tried a second relay that I know works.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Listen to what your saying, it doesnt make any sense for there to be power at the relay and coming from the relay if there is in fact no power at the pump. There is only one thing that could cause that and that is a short in the wire coming from the relay to the pump.

Heres everything your pump needs to turn on:

MFI relay has to function properly
Cam signal(like when the car is cranking) to ECU
Ecu signal to mfi relay to turn on fuel pump
12v to mfi relay
good ground at fuel pump

If you verify all those are good and your fuel pump is good then your fuel pump IS working whether you know it or not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea if there is power coming from the relay, I mean there should be But I have not got to check that yet. I stated that I figured the Pump primed itself before starting, i couldnt hear the pump prime, and I cannot hear it whine when cranking, it is not pumping fuel
I will be checking the power at the pump again while cranking. If there is none I will be checking the wiring from the relay to the pump, possibly could be split somewhere.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
Chec power while cranking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I ended up getting no power at the rear while cranking.
So I decided to trace the wires, and found there was a corroded wire on the back of the fuel relay pin #3 i think, anyways i replaced that and car started right up.
Thanks alot for the help guy.
Coady

1 - 8 of 8 Posts