DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I recently bought a 96 tsi awd. It had a ridiculously clean body but the motor was said to be “running a little rough” when I bought the car. After I brought I hone and gave it a proper run down, I pulled the spark plugs and the one on cylinder 3 was TOASTED. After following it with a compression test I have zero compression on the cylinder and was wondering what my next move should be cause it’s gonna obviously be money either way. Go with the better 6 bolt motor and swap it into my 2g or upgrade the valve train & rods/pistons on my 7 bolt and throw it back in? I’d like to hear what y’all have to say towards it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
6 bolt isn't always better. If your going full send on a stock engine, then a 6 bolt is a little better.

A stock 7 bolt is more than adequate at the power your talking about. I am a fan of the 97-99 split thrust 7 bolt engine. If it were my car I would find a good bottom end and have your head rebuilt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts