DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to upgrade the downpipe and high flow cat pretty soon, and I was wondering if the fuel pump needs to be upgraded to prevent any lean conditions that may occur? But I'm running pig rich right now, so......

Also, I'm going with 2.25" Bushcur dp and I was wondering how the installation is and of course the performace???

Thanks
ed

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
With your current and future mods you should be able to run 16# on the T-25 w/o needing the fuel pump but do have any fun (more boost) you will need the pump.

·
Registered
729 Posts
2.25??? do you mean 2.5in?
Get a 2.5in mandrel bent DP. anything smaller is not going to be a worthwhile gain. Installation should be easier than taking the old stuff off.

Since you already have an egt and A/F meter you could always test it to be sure your safe before buying the fuel pump. Did you rewire yet? Do that first if you are on a budget. If you find out you are lean, just turn down the boost to a safer level until you can get the pump.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops, yes I meant a 2.5".

I kinds don't want to mess with a rewire, rather just spend the dough for a pump.

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
200 Posts
I dont know about the hi-flo cat but i have a 2.5 DP no cat and a ATR exhaust 3in mandrel bent and man can you feel when the car is pulling. Your spool up time is bad a$$ and is almost nearly instant.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I just got my Buschur 2.5 downpipe and cat today. Will install tomorrow night. I'll let you know, don't forget to order the gaskets too.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts