DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going for a hard run on first gear and suddently at 7000rpm *POW* something blown up, I think and hope it was the stock BOV because I was running about 14psi... Now I just got back home and I have to be careful to drive real slow and not get any boost or my car totally halts!! What do you guys think BOV or could it be somethign else ?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Blew a pipe/hose loose under boost.

If it sounded like an explosion under the hood and it runs like hell you blew a pipe off. You probably gave yourself a major boost leak.

Check intake pipes/hoses.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
push it back on and re tighten the hose/pipe clamp.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes the car idles fine the gauge still shows the vac or boost but whenever i was supposed to get boost (over 0psi) the car halts it's like you said i got a major leak and it sucks :(

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Anyone else with ideas. Doesnt quite sound like a boost leak to me now. Pull the inlet pipe off the turbo and just give it a visual look over. Just in case.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
verserv said:
Anyone else with ideas. Doesnt quite sound like a boost leak to me now. Pull the inlet pipe off the turbo and just give it a visual look over. Just in case.
hmm i think you got a point, the gauge wouldnt mark anything if it was a pipe right ?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
If you had a bad leak the car wouldn't even idle. If it was a big BOOM under the hood. It could be something worse. Not sure what though.
Last time i heard a big boom i blew my uicp off. I guess it could be your bov?? Im not sure now. Any other symptoms?

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it could be my bov since it was stock and maybe it was too much pressure for it to handle... I can't seem to find the stupid bov (is it that black plastic thing?) I had the car since monday btw, so I don't know much about it (first turbocharged vehicle i own).

I don't know about the pipes if it was the uicp i would be glad coz I wanted to replace that SOB already hehe

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The top of the picture. Check all the hoses too. Look at www.vfaq.com also. This will help you get more familiar with your new ride.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that's the bov i was looking at... i followed the pipes and hoses there seemed to be nothing wrong with it. I'm not gonna try to open/remove anything coz I'm still too much unfamiliar with the car. I'll have a friend to take a look at and maybe take it to a service place when I have an idea of what it is (so they wont rip me off).

Thanks a lot man!

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok i was just under the car looking the uicp seems to be in order, I could not see much because it's dark here already but all I could notice was a little thin white hose that seems to be not connectng anywhere, that was more to the drivers side under the car (close to the frontlights). Any idea what that is ? Could it be the problem ? I'll follow it tomorrow morning when there's light and i'll let you guys know. Thanks for helping me out!

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I don't have a flashlight so I'll give you a better description tomorrow. It's a white/clearish thin hose though, its fallen about 3-4inch from everything else. It's not connected to anything and that's as much as I can remember. The location is close to the driver's side front headlight...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts