DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be installing an Extreme Turbo T-28 with a 3" turbo-back Greddy Power Extreme exhaust on my 1995 Talon TSI FWD soon.

I was looking at installing a custom made stainless steel header (with equal length runners) but I am not sure if I should. I have already upgraded the BOV, installed an MBC, installed a larger SMIC and replaced the IC piping with hard-piping.

With this in mind, should I go with the header or should I stay with the stock manifold? If I should stay with the stock manifold, do I need to port it to make it work the best? I guess I am asking if the T-28 has the same size opening on the top of the exhaust housing or not.

If you want to see the header, go to http://www.dnperformance.com/eclipse.html
and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Also, why don't more people use headers on these cars?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have an Archer racing tube header and although it did crack, the performance is well worth it.
those look like a nice header and I am going to look into them

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
FASTBOYS said:
I have an Archer racing tube header and although it did crack, the performance is well worth it.
What HP gain did you get? Track times before and after?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have heard that you will lose bottom-end power with a header. Is that true? I guess you don't want the runners to be too large or you lose exhaust velocity.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really don't know about the pipe. I actually decided against spending the $500 for the header. I was informed that for a street-driven car, the gains are minimal and it is a matter of "when" they will crack not "if" they will crack due to the extremely high exhaust temps in our cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts