DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Simple. I can shave, or not shave if your into that, and paint, any and all valve covers. Just about any color is doable, just ask and I will double check and let you know. Some designs available as well. (splash's, flames, working on carbon fiber look...)

Pay Pal: [email protected]

Time frame: 4-7 days. Depending on how many other paint projects I have going on. Info for more specific times available upon time of order.

Example of work:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-oTcnfyhcgIA/UbCIZ5Q_WgI/AAAAAAAAABE/herE4PREI_g/w958-h719-no/130503_0002.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-ZCgsrEncGMc/UqDTL4mFuKI/AAAAAAAAAaM/D4-CjpTld9A/w720-h540-no/222030_198048643573955_492649_n.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-tX1VCY9QhdQ/UqDTLz5MVgI/AAAAAAAAAaU/_o6iXoNS99A/w640-h480-no/225878_198048713573948_5694380_n.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-k6RGBogqa2E/Up4qoLRA-QI/AAAAAAAAAYw/7eetleERV6w/w958-h719-no/131203_0006.jpg

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-3d43BBLpGgE/Up4qoBNMHKI/AAAAAAAAAY0/ocb7qx2WKDw/w958-h719-no/131203_0007.jpg

PRICE: Its $75 if valve cover is sent. And $125 for using one of mine.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Re: Valve cover shaving and painting.

Is the $50.00 shaved and painted?

·
Registered
355 Posts

I am here in Eglin AFB right now for another 2 weeks, I can find a cover if it is only $50 for the shave?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yes, $50 for a shave and new paint job. I use high heat paint just to be safe, so colors are slightly limited. But let me know what you want.

·
1,990 Posts

Looks good to me! Good work!!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

Damn, thats a pretty good deal man!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Have to start somewhere. And I enjoy painting.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Bumping this up for Andy/SLEEPS. I don't know if any of you are familiar with White, and how hard it is to get a DSM Valvecover to stay white because of our high engine temps, but keep in mind I've never in my lifetime seen a snow white DSM VC actually stay white.

Until I bought SLEEPS VC that he shaved/painted. I have had it on two seperate 4G63's, both of them running retarded hot engine bay temps, and one motor routinely ran 240*-300*+ engine bay temps. And after like 3-4 years of hot, heavy abuse, the VC stayed looking just as white as the first picture in this thread, and it looked great. Got so many compliments on it.

So trust Andy, he can paint like a beast, and it'll last you the life of your DSM. Not to mention this is a great deal.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Well thank you sir... Yours was my favorite one. Simply splendid.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Not just a bump, just a reminder. Christmas is comming up! New year, new color maybe?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

How much to just shave? I'm getting AN bungs welded on and powdercoating later.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

2013, I still am doing this. So send them in, I am in need of some side paint work. Plus summers comming up so you can show off your bay at all those super cool car shows!

·
Premium Member
866 Posts

You have a Color pallet? I'd be looking for something in a burnt orange.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I dont, I have been using high heat paint only so the colors are limited. But, your in luck possibly, I am trying out a new blend of high heat and regular auto paint, I just dont have a for sure on the overall length of quality and longevity. But I am willing to try and add some incentive. If it fails, flakes, or changes color within a legit time period, Ill redo it with the closest high heat paint I can find for freeze, aka little or no cost to you.

Extra high solid auto clear coat is extra.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Here are some pics of the recent project I am doing. This has been shaved and is on its first coat of color. More colors, designs, and "ice cream" top coat to come.

$50 price good untill end of the month, then I will be changing it accordingly. (not for this cover, but for the services)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Think you could do a ralliart style paint-job, Andy? Something that looked OEM-ish, or OEM-inspired. White with the ralli-art colors like what you posted in the valvecover thread?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Sure, your not the first person to mention ralliart when they saw the recent cover. I wasnt even thinking about that, honestly I dont know what the ralliart colors are, I was inspired by a new Nike soccer cleat. LOL.

I can do it no problem. Just let me know the colors and an idea of where you want them. Up and down, angled (like pictured), side to side... whatever. I was thinking of doing an entire bay (valve cover, timing sprocket cover, upper intercooler pipe, and pre turbo pipe if metal) all the same color and somewhere have the same 3 lines on them, so the whole bay is on theme.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts