DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Re: Valve cover shaving and painting.

Go pick my DSM up from my house, pay for new plates and the first months insurance, and you can drive it around and do that for me. :p

But nah, I'll send you a VC here soon. I'm thinking angled like pictured.

This is the ralliart colors/logo.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Dont tempt me....

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

Random question, can you fix any VC's that need welding? I can fix it locally if not, but if you can then I'll just ship it to you and let you fix it. It's just the pc valve has broken off from the VC and needs to be rewelded onto it. I'm thinking just weld an AN fitting on it and I'll use a catch-can setup with it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

I dont weld, well have not in a long time, and dont have a welder. So, no, I would not be able to do such things.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I may do a black with deep carbon and rally art scheme just for fun.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

I can now also do powder coating! Ask about colors and prices.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What is the updated price list ? Shaving, painting or powder coating? I have a bunch of small parts from 1G euro side mirrors that I would like to get done before reassembling them as well as a VC to be shaved and powder coated in wrinkle...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Good question, I dont have the ability to powder coat anymore, my friend that did has now moved away. I can still shave and paint parts. Price depends on colors and the paint sceme.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pity, I was really looking into the powder coating for the mirror parts, mainly for corrosion protection. I have to get rid of a ton of oxidation on them, it lifted the old factory paint. I don't have a sand blaster so I was going to try some aluminum oxidation chemical remover and aluminum primer instead.

Is the shaving manual? I always thought that using a mill would be a breeze once the proper offset angle was found, it always ends horribly when a end up with a file and sand paper in my hands...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The last few I did was mostly by hand yeah, it does take a long time. I do have some tools that will bring it down quick then just file the rest down to keep it as even as possible.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts