DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently having this issue ever since I over rev'd this past season and popped a few rockers. Oops.

Anyways, Same boost, same timing, same tune, only difference is now I'm on E85.

ISSUE: 3rd gear WOT pull once it hits full boost and around 6500 RPMS hits a "soft rev limit" and flat lines. Sounds like its just blowing air, then idles like a suby for ~10 sec while going PIG rich. Then clears up and zero issues.

*Relative info, BR7ES gap'd to .018, 42PSI, BC1000 valve springs with 30K on them.

I've tried .018 and .026 gaps, bypassed the CDI box thinking it was failing, and now going to replace the PTU in hopes that's the issue. Doubtful as that would be a trigger for the CDI if I'm not mistaking?

Someone else the the LINK forum mentioned valves float but not sure about that as I was running this boost and same setup all last season to 8K. Unless when I over rev'd I wore them out?

Here is a recent log, maybe there is a tell tale give away some of the seasoned LINK users can spot.

Much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
*Confirmed valve float. Upgrading come Black Friday.

/Cheers

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
I've done that once. Didn't catch it until on a hunch someone suggested that maybe I popped off a rocker. Sure enough...yep. It was just chilling on the head next to the valve/spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts