DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rockers where pulled off the car and laid down in order of which valve they came off but when i towed the car they where all disorganized because they where in the trunk. Now that the motor was put back together the shop just installed them randomly. I now have an annoying ticking noise at idle but it clears up with a little rpm. The noise was never there before the motor was torn down. What can i do to fix this? New rockers or do i have to replace the cams too? This is my first experience with these cars so i don't know if they are even called rockers? lifters or what?

------------------
93 Talon
91 GT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are you talking about the lifters? That's what it sounds like. If you lost the order of the originals, it might be best to put a set of new ones in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
it does not matter what order the lifters go in. What might be happening is that the lifters were not bleed and some of them may not be working that great any more. They only way to check is to pull them out and compress them one by one. try to push them in with your hands, if they just push in without a problem they are not good. it should give some kind of pressure when you try to push them in.

Richard www.thedsmshop.com
954-977-6789

·
Registered
20 Posts
Richard,
Doesn't mitsu have a different style of lifter now? I thought I saw something about this in the talon digest the last time lifter tick was a big issue.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here's my question :) do all 2g's have the new "better" lifters or are they still the same as 1G, I recently changed my lifters to the used ones from a 95 and I didn't notice any difference in the way they looked :( they also click as loud :mad: but this could be related to that damn MObil-1

------------------
HKS Mega Flow
2G Ported ExhaustManifold
Small 16G
2G Ported o2, 2.5 Greddy DP, 2.5 Test / High Flow, 2.5 Greddy Catback
Spearco FMIC (not installed yet)
2.5 CMV UIP
Greddy ProffecA, Greddy Timer, Custom A/F Gauge,
VDO's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts