DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a link to the vfaq install of an IAC on a 2g? I tried searching for IAC, but didn't find much...

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just that plain and simple I do not know where this part is located....:eek:

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
It's located on the lower lefthand corner of the throttlebody under the intake elbow. There should be a plug (6 pin connector) on either a black or tan colored sensor. In short, it's attached to the throttlebody. If you can't find it, turn in your DSM keys and your tools at the door.;)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahahaha nice one.... I'll replace it tomorrow, along with my o2 sensor so I can finally sell it.... People bitch too much about check engine lights when buying cars and throw these random prices on how much it will cost to get them replaced... This one guy just came to look at my car and I told him it needed the o2 sensor replaced and he said "Damn... that's really expensive to get fixed... I just payed $350 to get mine replaced" I was like WTF? dude you got ripped of... The o2 sensor is right there, you just unscrew and unplug the old one and plug and screw the new one lol... This other guy said that getting a new CAT and have it installed would run about $1000.... I just got a $20 CAT from a friend and had it welded for $18 bucks.... Not near $1000.... Not even $40.....

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
frankozz said:
Hahahaha nice one.... I'll replace it tomorrow, along with my o2 sensor so I can finally sell it.... People bitch too much about check engine lights when buying cars and throw these random prices on how much it will cost to get them replaced... This one guy just came to look at my car and I told him it needed the o2 sensor replaced and he said "Damn... that's really expensive to get fixed... I just payed $350 to get mine replaced" I was like WTF? dude you got ripped of... The o2 sensor is right there, you just unscrew and unplug the old one and plug and screw the new one lol....
It's amazing what I see people pay to fix their stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts