DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys! I have a question... will a 2nd gen VPC harness have 3 plugs? (omitting the 3rd plug on the ecu?) or 4 to completely replace all the plugs? Thanks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Are you getting the VPC? or just checking one out? Just wondering.

I know nothing about these strange breeds.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why... do you recommend against it??? Tell me what you think about it... anyone have any bad results with it??? I heard drivability is not so good with it... any comments?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Its not drivablity, its more driving comfort. The idle is notorious for being a PITA to stay normal. You'd have to adjust the idle gain knob whenever the temps change drastically or the humidity swings. Throttle response is also slightly delayed on the low end. So when you're racing, going from a throttle position of 0% would be really bad. Its not that hard to live with, just annoying things about the VPC.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've heard they can be a problem.

What reasons in particular were you interested in the vpc for? No Fuel cut? Higher flowing intake? Better air/fuel ratio?

Modified mas does these things and only cost me $150 and there are no inherent idle problems or anything like that. Granted it is still an intake restriction, But it definetly outflows a stock unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts