DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the prob, installed vpc, put the injectors in, didn't know how to turn up and turn down fuel, fixed that, after car ran decent with EVERYTHING turned down, i have 550's vpc and walbro 255 high pressure pump, stock fuel pressure regulator and the MAP sensor is mounted on one of the bolts on the intake manifold (possible problem?) anyway, when the car is cold or has been stanfing for an hour, it starts fine, BUT, if it is shut off and try to restart it again, it doesn't idle UNLESS i jump start it (from a role and jump it in 1st or 2nd) then the prob goes away...? possibly Fuel pressure regulator? ok, so i took the 550's and put the 450's back in, still same problem?! what do you think it is...anyone? i'm guessing the fpr is screwed, the gain and the idle is turned all the way down on the vpc but the response is 3/4's way up, pulls but better with 550's... running 19psi. the MAP sensor is mounted upside down (the way it's supposed to be) but it is mounted on the actual engine not the firewall.... do you think thats the problem? lemme know, anyone, thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think you are getting the right fuel pressure. The 255 pump flows a lot of fuel ... I think you are going to have to break down and get an AFPR of some kind.
The MAP mounted on the intake manifold, I would think this is bad. Not sure how hot the intake manifolc gets, but I believe most people mount the MAP on the firewall somewhere .. I think the VPC actually comes with a bracket for mounting to the firewall, but I could be wrong.
I'm wondering, when you get this problem sorted out ... during the process of trouble shooting ... can you tell me if you've ever mixed and matched your VPC chip and injectors with success? I'm about to install my VPC soon but I have the 550 chip and stock injectors. Just wanted to see if you could adjust the VPC to compensate for the different injector size. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mixing n match

well, using the 550cc chip on stock injectors is not necessarily a good idea, i've heard of alot of people using a 550cc chip with a 660cc injectors and getting better results than 660cc chip n 660cc injectors, i'd suggest you get 550's n go with those...lemme know what happens...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts