DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mods must be done to a 95+ turbo header to make it fit a '92 Galant VR-4? It is possible that it is a direct bolt on with no modifications at all? Also, I am in Zagreb, Croatia right now, so if it is an easy swap, does anybody know where I can get one that is already ported so I can put it on as soon as it is sent over?

------------------
Jason Lipscomb
'92 Galant VR-4

·
Registered
84 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jlips207:
What mods must be done to a 95+ turbo header to make it fit a '92 Galant VR-4? It is possible that it is a direct bolt on with no modifications at all? Also, I am in Zagreb, Croatia right now, so if it is an easy swap, does anybody know where I can get one that is already ported so I can put it on as soon as it is sent over?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you are talking about a manifold, the drivers side lower corner has to be ground down so it will clear the power steering pump just like it has to be for the 1G DSM's.

If you are talking about the Archer Brothers Racing turbo header, I had to grind out a couple of the bolt holes that hold it to the turbo to get them to line up....but I think the DSM guys would have to do this as well since the manifold is the same for the GVR-4 and the T/E/L's.

If you are getting a manifold from one of the shops tell them it is for a Galant VR-4 and they will grind down that corner for you, and you may as well get it ported so you don't have to get it done later.

Good luck,

Keith

------------------
Best pass to date 12.817 @ 108.42 with a 1.786 60'. Not bad for a 4 door huh?

Dyno sheets at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/1635/Galant_info.html

PS: Yeah, I know that time is slow for that dyno sheet. This track sucks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talked to archer bros. racing and they said that they don't sell the racing header anymore because of the high cost of manufacturing. It looks as if a ported 95+ manifold is the only way to go.

------------------
Jason Lipscomb
'92 Galant VR-4
#664/1000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts