DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does an intake/exhaust/91 octane tune VR4 trap on a decent day vs. 104 degrees?

We made 2 very brief runs. I THINK it was a VR4 but it did have single aftermarket exhaust on the left side and a stock sounding BOV.

I couldn't tell if the intial shift was bad, or it was too hot, or it needed time to spool and then walk me. But I was near the peak of my powerband and it didn't seem very close. Nice guy, just didn't have much room and it was really hot.

There are some nice ones around here in Silicon Valley. I'll never forget a high 10sec run at Union Grove, WI one night in the late 90s. It was impressive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
n0rthendtr00per said:
High 13s? How do you know what it had? Maybe it had more than you think.
Judging by the sound of the exhaust, engine, bov and ultimately it's performance - unlikely unfortunately.

The question is a best-case scenario to his benefit. Trap speeds would be a better judge anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
n0rthendtr00per said:
uh. 1/4 time is better to judge but Bench Racing isn't allowed so we stop here.
I killed him twice from a roll so trap speeds are the indicator. There is no bench racing, only curious to know how they can run in decent weather because the heat would affect him worse than me.

The ET could vary by a full second depending upon the 60ft.

I should add it was a 3000GT VR4 and I'm not stock: CAI, spacers, tstat, cats/catback, Diablo tuned, 398 rwhp / 420 rwtq on 91 Octane tune.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Gvr4 or 3kgt Vr4? Im assuming you're talking about a 3kgt.. If so, with a few mods they're in the low-mid 100 mph range..

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Deuuuce said:
I should add it was a 3000GT VR4 and I'm not stock: CAI, spacers, tstat, cats/catback, Diablo tuned, 398 rwhp / 420 rwtq on 91 Octane tune.
Can you tell me exactly what a tstat is for a mod? My understanding of Tstat is thermostat and I certainly hope you aren't listing that as a "mod". :p

·
Registered
221 Posts
No offense, but it's funny to think of those two tanks racing each other. I'm no good at googling for pictures, or else I would post up a picture of two WWII tanks racing each other. :p

·
Registered
436 Posts
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX said:
Can you tell me exactly what a tstat is for a mod? My understanding of Tstat is thermostat and I certainly hope you aren't listing that as a "mod". :p
Actually a thermostat is considered a 'mod'.. Cooler temps = more power.. Switching from a 210* tstat to a 160* tstat is a decent mod.. Its the same type of mod switching to a 2g maf.. Doesnt add power, just used as a better part to improve other things. A 50* change is a big difference in how an engine runs..

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
stillbroke said:
Actually a thermostat is considered a 'mod'.. Cooler temps = more power.. Switching from a 210* tstat to a 160* tstat is a decent mod.. Its the same type of mod switching to a 2g maf.. Doesnt add power, just used as a better part to improve other things. A 50* change is a big difference in how an engine runs..
Thanks for saving me the typing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
98Spyderondubs said:
Whats that Srt8 run stock and with what you have done?My best friend has a stock Jeep Srt8 and has done a best of [email protected] just as a guideline...
They range from high 12s @ 110mph under perfect conditions to low 13s @ 105-106mph with heat soak, a 2.0 60ft and a crappy 2-3 diagnostic shift.

My best at Sears Point is a 12.715 @ 111mph on a warm day. Others with a tune are reportedly hitting 113-114mph with great temps/conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Deuuuce said:
They range from high 12s @ 110mph under perfect conditions to low 13s @ 105-106mph with heat soak, a 2.0 60ft and a crappy 2-3 diagnostic shift.

My best at Sears Point is a 12.715 @ 111mph on a warm day. Others with a tune are reportedly hitting 113-114mph with great temps/conditions.
Hmmm I wonder if Ive seen you at sears point. I know Ive seen at least one srt-8 charger there.

Do you have a custom license plate?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
stillbroke said:
About 3mph with the 6.1s. With a fan mod or Diablo, it makes the staging lanes a more bearable wait.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FunWheelDrive said:
Hmmm I wonder if Ive seen you at sears point. I know Ive seen at least one srt-8 charger there.

Do you have a custom license plate?
Yes, silver car and 11-99 membership license frame. An even more frequent racer there is red with black stripes. He and I run about the same ETs/Traps since our tunes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Deuuuce said:
What does an intake/exhaust/91 octane tune VR4 trap on a decent day vs. 104 degrees?
1G? 2G?

Probably LOW 13s @ 103-105MPH given stock boost. Depends on the exhaust mods. DP and gutting precats is a fairly big mod along with the MBC.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.