DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
21 - 40 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
manrightchea said:
They can't turn it up as high as they want unless they want a hole in their block. You can turn it up as high as your fuel volume, fuel octane, engine internals, timing, and drivetrain components will allow.

Man I understand your want to be helpful and others and am just trying to offer some constructive criticism. For one, I think a compression check should be in the maintenance area. Also, brakes my man should be a mod to do! Can't go having 500hp with warped rotors, and other worn brake components lol! Finally, I believe they need to learn about DSMs, thier engines, their cars (weaknesses and strenghs), and engine's in general. They need to learn why fuel octane is important, what timing is and why it is important, they need to learn what detonation and preignition is (why it's dangerous, how to prevent it). They need to learn whats these parts do for their car and why they are beneficial, not just to be cool or because they are the "first mods" .

Unfortunately there is a level of maturity and thinking that are necessary to have a powerful yet stable car, and not wreck it. Their is a level of maturity required to learn safe driving techniques, and not put yourself and others in danger (ex. weaving in and out of traffic). These points along with all of your other points are what create safe, competent mechanics. Best of luck everyone.
I was thinking of making a "DON'T" Thread. This was kinda just a list. Like I said, it's not the know all end all of threads. I didn't REALLY mean turn up your boost as high as you want, I was just saying it's pretty useless on smaller turbos. :) Thanks though, good info. Need brakes, gotta be able to stop.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
You know this is just my opinion but , as members of this forum and also as people whom have knowledge of DSMs in general we should develop like some basic modding/tuning steps for people whom are new to the DSM world but yea its just my opinion... and we could even divide it between AWD/FWD 1G or 2G i mean its just an opinion

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
joebag said:
Well if it stops one thread it only broke even, LOL , so if it stops two threads it has done its job :dunno:

I've officially broke even^^^^^

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
delivery_DSM said:
I have been a member for a while, never posted though and i feel its necessary for me to break out with my first post and say yes, it HAS done its job. lol
I'm honored lol. Anybody think a "Don't do this" thread would be good? I'll start tomorrow after school if youz guyz think it'd be useful.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Here are some websites I feel are really informative and important

www.vfaq.com
www.plymouthlaser.com
www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tech-article-archives/
Tuners is a very good place for info. USE IT

www.stealth316.com/2-calc-idc.htm Fuel Injector IDC calculator
www.twingles.com/ideck/ Andre's Targa top 2g Very sexy by the way..
www.turbo4wd.com/
www.dsm.org
www.mmcdtools.sourceforge.net MMCd rocks on loggers!

http://simon.chi.il.us/ECU/ECUID.html How to know what ECU you have and some socketing service for your ECU

AFC guide on how to setup for 1g and 2g's
www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&ltemid=33

Visiual tour of the 1g and 2g engine bay
http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/index.htm

·
Registered
565 Posts
When I first got on these boards I found Buschurs modification guide very helpful. Looks good though.

My question for some of the newbs is, "do you actually know what a 400 horsepower car feels like?" I think 300, maybe no more than 350 is a good start to get used to a car making power. I drove a 380 whp factory stang (yea i know) and I'll tell you what, of course I felt it could have used a bit more power, but for that being my first time driving a rwd manual, lol hellla fun. = )

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
i need a dsm said:
Here are some websites I feel are really informative and important

www.vfaq.com
www.plymouthlaser.com
www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tech-article-archives/
Tuners is a very good place for info. USE IT

www.stealth316.com/2-calc-idc.htm Fuel Injector IDC calculator
www.twingles.com/ideck/ Andre's Targa top 2g Very sexy by the way..
www.turbo4wd.com/
www.dsm.org
www.mmcdtools.sourceforge.net MMCd rocks on loggers!

http://simon.chi.il.us/ECU/ECUID.html How to know what ECU you have and some socketing service for your ECU

AFC guide on how to setup for 1g and 2g's
www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&ltemid=33

Visiual tour of the 1g and 2g engine bay
http://members.shaw.ca/dsm.1000q/Engineprimer/1G/index.htm

Nice fucking gathering skills Jose. You better start reading up if you wanna keep up with the stroker...;)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Pahleezz!!

T25 lookin ASS!!! GOt scammed on a 14b looking ass!!!!

You may be stroked, but I got all supporting mods cept a good trans...

I'll race you from second gear roll, IF I can LOL

I believe a rewire is necessary anyways if you have a 255. It may flow alot more than a 190 but the voltage drop is still there.

I looked at one of my logs and my volts came as low as 9.xx

There's alot of argument whether an AFPR is needed with a 255. I got one anyways. Many say it didn't effect them, some did.

I was getting shitty ass mileage so my theory is you need one. So its up to you to decide if you want one.

Remember to also replace sensors!! Such as the knock and o2!!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Don Boosted said:
That is a great idea. Thanks. How about this one?

I meant look at the new sig for northender. My bad guys, forgot to quote him!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not everyone is ment to have a fast car.
With the mindstates of some people im glad they dont...

I.E. the people who just get there car talking about they want 400hp before even thoroughly researching their car... Its suppose to be a slow process not a cheat code in a video game that allows you to skip the leveling up process.

just imo.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It's something we all know NOW. But I'm sure when we first got in the game we all wanted to just slap a 60Trim on and run 10s. I agree with you whole heartedly, but the idea was to give our 16 year old friends some basics and keep our community from getting any more rice. I think most people agree would with you. Man a cheat would be great... R1, R2, L1, X, left down right up left down down down then BAM!500hp and some 20 inch rims!

21 - 40 of 189 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.