DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in jersey this past weekend and my car started to overheat. i put coolant in and it was stiill overheating. i put more in and looked under the car. it was leaking out by the pulleys. when i looked in that part i noticed that my alternator belt slipped off. i put more coolant in and i looked like it was coming out of the block but i couldnt tell cause it was 2 in the morning. what could it be? there is also a small hose missing from the bottom of the radiator.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Is there oil in you coolant? You can check your head gasket by doing the folowing... Make sure your car is COLD!!! Like the first start of the day. Pull the cap off of the top coolant hose. You will see coolant there. It shouldnt over flow because you car is cold. have someone start your car and rev it up a little. If you see alot of small bubbles come up to the top of the hose your head gasket is probably shot somewhere.

We did this to my buddies 98 and he had bubbles. We pulled the head and it was shot in 5 places.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sounds like the water pump. Happened to me last year. It's not to bad of a job but it does include removing the tbelt and balance
shaft belt, good oppertunity to replace them. Have fun.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts