DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i rev my engine or i start it sounds like there is some kind of liquid around the passenger side footwell. I think it might be the ac but i dont know where the drain is for it. there hasnt been any water on the carpet or anything. does anyone know where the drain is or what this might be?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
You might want to remove the pressure cap and check that the cooling system is full to the cap. If the system is low air bubbles could be going thru the heater core.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone else have any ideas of what eles might be causing this. it does it even when the ac and everything is off.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
skifreee911 said:
is there any special way i have to do that??
Wait for the engine to cool first.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sound like the housing holds that ac thingie is starting to fill up with water. If you get up under the car, or you may be able to reach it from the top, find the drain hose for that ac thingie. Stick a screwdriver up the hose and see how much water comes out. I think its the condenser. Try that.

Sam

·
Registered
943 Posts
indy1979 said:
Sound like the housing holds that ac thingie is starting to fill up with water. If you get up under the car, or you may be able to reach it from the top, find the drain hose for that ac thingie. Stick a screwdriver up the hose and see how much water comes out. I think its the condenser. Try that.

Sam
I'm with sam on this one.... Condensor I believe is on the pass side just inside the firewall... or was that on my old car... lol fairly sure its back there on this car too....

ps. like the interp of Relativity Sam ;)

·
Registered
450 Posts
tekky_98_TSi said:

ps. like the interp of Relativity Sam ;)
What ever do you mean?!? The word "THINGIE", I have found works ever so well when dealing with cars.

Sam

Ohhh, NM. I just got it. :D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was under the car before i wrote this to see if i could find the hose because that is what i thought also but can someone give me a little better location of where it is cause i cannot find it and it is not in the book.

·
Registered
450 Posts
right above the the charcoal canister. Passanger side lower. Exactly where the the ac lines go in to the firewall.

Sam

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i stuck a screw driver all the way up there until i hit something really hard which i am guessing is supposed to be in there but it was about 6 inches in the hose. there there any other way i can make sure the hose doesnt have anything in it or could there be a different problem.

·
Registered
450 Posts
get a friend to rev the engine while you poke around and listen for it. Thats the only other thing I can think of.

Sam

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Before this I never heard of a DSM making water sounds under the dash. But if the coolant system is fine, the cabin heat and cooling is fine, in other words no other problem but this noise, I'd suggest turning up the radio. :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
i've heard it too on my 98 TSi. never cared to know what it was. i never used the AC. maybe its water going through the heater hose

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm pretty sure that its something to do with the a/c. The heater core is behind the radio in the middle. Unless the sound is bouncing off the pass. door and it just sounds like its coming from the pass. side.

Sam

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im pretty sure it is coming from the passenger side cause even the passenger thought it was around their feet. ive tried everythign i can think of. i refilled the refrigerant. i stuck a screwdriver up the drain tube that is next to the fuel filter. are there any other drains or things i can try? it also only does it when it is cold usually like after the car has been sitting.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is a drain tube under the fender for the cowl, but if its at their feet, that wouldn't be it. Um, where does your fuel line come from? Driver or pass. side? It could be air in the line when the FP drops after sitting.

Sam

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if it was air in the fuel wouldnt that be a one time thing. and where is the other drain u were referring to?

·
Registered
450 Posts
if you open the pass side door, look into the rear of the fender thru the gap the open door created. You should be able to see it right between the top hinge and bottom hinge. Its under the fender up near the windshield. Its a drain for the cowl.

Sam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts