DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of someone who has fabricated a water to air intercooler on their dsm? I was thinking the one exchanger could be mounted in the stock ic location, while the other could be made to look like a a/c condenser core, for a pretty stealth setup...

Any ideas

thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
If your after stealth, a 2-216 core anodized black is a good choise. Only people that really know DSM's will notice it.

As for water air, call up spearco, they will make it to your specs, and using the A/C condensor is probably overkill, but certainly an option. I'd check the flow with whatever pump you choose before I run it though, spearco will be able to tell you how much flow you need for the IC they send you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have fabbed up a air to liquid IC caging two stock GVR4 ICs together in parallel. I have posted in detail what I have done in a thread in the advanced section (http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30866&perpage=25&highlight=air to liquid&pagenumber=7).

As of last night I made improvement on the system. I exchanged the two tranny coolers (just a 3/8" tube with heatsink fins) with a small radiator (12" x 8" x 4" deep, think heater core size). The tranny coolers was working fine, but on a 90-100 degree day at 75mph on the highway (@800 C EGT temps) the water heated up too much for my liking lowering the efficiency of the system. Last night I tried it on the highway (70-75 degrees though) and after the 20 min run I exited and checked the upper IC pipe, it was luke warm, I could hold my hand on it no problem while the lower was smokin' hot.

I have yet to get around to getting a air temperature sensor installed in the upper IC pipe, but will within a months time and will post upper IC pipe temps. I would give my systems two thumbs up for usefulness, when the cooler of ice is use during summer there is not one air to air IC that can touch this system period (intake charge air-temp wise). Winter time would even the playing field for air to air vs. air to liquid.

Spearco, as noted, makes some of the best air to liquid IC. But expect a wait, my friend waited two months for his. I have also heard the waits might be longer seeing that they where recently bought by Turbonetics. Water injection combined with a air to liquid should give great results, I will be doing this in the future.

Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts