DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Weird idle Problem

781 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  TurboEclipseGSX 
#1 ·
I have a weird idle problem when I am driving and come to a stop it kinda idles high for a second, then goes down and kinda idles up and down, also my servicxe engine later light is on, and another hting is wheni kinda get on it it smells like exhaust... could i have a clogged cat or need a new sensor?

#5 ·
the idle problem we all have, its called idle surge, for more info just search, as far as the CE light, if you smell gas when you start the car and your getting bad gas milage its probably your o2 sensor, thats what usually ticks the CE light to come on, or atleast its the most basic problem, 60 bucks for a new one i think and its pretty easy to replace

peace

#7 ·
probably wont, ive tried everything to cure it but nothing works :mad:

peace (by the way, the biss screw sets the idle, doesnt really do anything to the surge ;) )

#10 ·
what_is_dsm said:

TurboEclipseGSX... you better check your references cause the BISS screw DOES do stuff to the idle surge...

Respect Hardcore
ya but it does not cure it, it only sets the rpm's, check the vfaq ;) and what is the respect hardcore mean?

#11 ·
instead of going somewhere to have the codes pulled you can hook up an analog meter to the diagnostic plug and get it that way.

The Hanes manual ( or is that the" how to work on cars for dummies manual" j/k) has the codes for the sensors and tells what wires to connect to.

#12 ·
TurboEclipseGSX said:

ya but it does not cure it, it only sets the rpm's, check the vfaq ;) and what is the respect hardcore mean?

TurboEclipseGSX, the o-ring is the number one reason that air gets under the BISS screw thus creating a vaccuum leak. As far as I understand, the worn out #5 gasket makes the idle surge problem appear. check out the link at: http://www.myzero.com/engine/surge.html#BISS , it might help you out .........

ps. Respect hardcore means RESPECT to the highest level. lol

#13 ·
what_is_dsm said:

TurboEclipseGSX, the o-ring is the number one reason that air gets under the BISS screw thus creating a vaccuum leak. As far as I understand, the worn out #5 gasket makes the idle surge problem appear. check out the link at: http://www.myzero.com/engine/surge.html#BISS , it might help you out .........

ps. Respect hardcore means RESPECT to the highest level. lol
ya your right about that but it usually never solves the problem ive tried everything, so now i just live with it ;)

peace

#15 ·
what_is_dsm said:
I hear ya man! I just hacked up my original PAINT BUCKET air can and after this my car started to idle like $hit. Oh well, I hear that tons of DSMers are having similar problems, so at least i don't feel left out. hehehehe...

Respect Hardcore...!! :puke:
ive yet to meet someone with a non stock dsm that doesnt have idle surge, even stock ones do

peace

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.