DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got all my break in miles on the new clutch today. so i got on it. after around 10psi, (up to 15psi where my wg is set) the car has a medium to strong vibration throughout it, and i hear what sounds like MAYBE a gurggle type noise out my exhaust note. my tune is very stockish, fuel trims are good, o2's durring everything are good, and it's not rpm, or gear, or speed dependent, but seemingly only boost dependent. if i drive "normal", it's perfect. if i stay at 3/4 throttle, or under to keep it under 10psi, it's perfect. the second i step on it more, in any gear, in any rpm range, at any time, to up the boost past 10psi, the gurggle/shake occurs. it feels almost like a soft touch rev limiter. any ideas? for those that don't know, i put in a centerforce dual friction clutch, a sloboy lsd insert, and prothane motor mounts, and changed timing and all other belts. thanks.
brian.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sounds like you need new plugs and wires. Get some NGK copper or Vpower plugs gapped at .028 and some good plug wires (NGK, magnecor, taylor) and your problem should clear up.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, absolutely try some NGK BPR6ES (or NGK BPR7ES if you've got some good mods) plugs and some new wires.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ICGerms said:
Yeah, absolutely try some NGK BPR6ES (or NGK BPR7ES if you've got some good mods) plugs and some new wires.
i have magnacore 8mm wires, and new ngkbpr7es already. that's all i've every ran since i put in the big 16g.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts