DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I finally got the car smogged. I just thought I ask and see if there's any other way of knowing without tearing out the fuel pump, if its been upgraded? I notice at the smog station that with my rewire hooked up, my HC are 155. Its past the max. I then take the car on a little drive and unplugged the rewire ( run back to stock), then came back to pass the test with 21 HC. If I do have a Factory FP, even with the rewire it can't really run that rich... or can it? According to RRE, a rewired Factory FP should see about 140LPH at 14v and 43 psi.

My mods at the time of smog was S16G, Built long block with Ross 8.3:1, Ported 2G Ex manni, 7cm housing ported, XS or similar o2 housing, open filter. Nothing serious in the mods. What could the issue be? Do I have a high flowing FP?

·
Registered
225 Posts
There are a ton of variable that could have influenced the HC reading on both tests. Did you happen to shut off the motor for a minute or two before smoging the car? This would allow the catalytic converter to cool down and lose it's efficiency.

By taking the car on a "little drive" you may have heated the cat to operating temperature and thus allow it to work properly and reduce HC emissions.

·
Registered
938 Posts
If you can hear your fuel pump, most likely you have an aftermarket one.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
MuffinMan7580 said:
If you can hear your fuel pump, most likely you have an aftermarket one.

Whinebro FTW!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.