DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I searched to no avail so I am left to post. I have recently purchased a used 20G with a 7cm housing that is internally gated. I know full well that cracks are going to occur due to countless heatcycles but the shear number and size of these are abnormal. The wastegate cracks alone seem large enough to leak like heck not to mention the two three inch cracks along the spiral part of the housing. Now I am looking to get into the 11's with this thing and I dont really feel like dishing out more $$$. I am afraid that it will be unresponsive and not hold high boost. My question is if I can weld over the cracks from the outside- will this help. Has this been done? If so what s the best technique (mig, tig, stick) and also would it hold? I am about to go back to college and am short on funds and time but Id like to get it in the car. Also would any coatings help now or for future reference? Any advice hear guys would help. Thank before hand!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts