DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad idea to try and weld my valve cover because of a crack? JB Weld is not working out. Is that valve cover aluminum or magnesium?
Also - I have some big cracks on my 1G exhaust Manifold. Should I get it welded?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
your exh mani, get another one, it will help out alot. as for the valve cover, just get another from the junkyard

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Get a 2G exh. mani. They can be had for as little as $75 or so from a junk yard. Might try the DSMTrader for the valve cover. I think it is aluminum by the way.

·
Registered
130 Posts
unless you have a TIG, forget welding the valve cover. JB weld sucks compared to other epoxies out there. I dont know if you have one available, BUT I really like the NAPA expoxies.

As far as the exh mani, you can stick weld that sucker, and grind the weld down. This is only a temp fix, however. You should look into getting the 2G steel mani.

~Jason

·
Registered
332 Posts
just goto walmart and get some multi-metal expoxy I used the 5 minute stuff on my valve cover and it worked great by the way it dries gray so its not that noticiable

1 - 5 of 5 Posts